NHD Employment Opportunities
No positions available at this time.
Fall and Spring Internship Opportunities
NHD welcomes new interns each semester. Applicants can apply to be part of the program in the fall and spring semesters, and earn credit through the History Department at the University of Maryland. Those selected will assist with developing teacher resources, programming, summer institute planning, contest preparations, and alumni development in our College Park office. Interested students for the fall and spring should submit their resumes to email@example.com.
Summer Internship Opportunities
NHD also takes on two interns to help with the National Contest. The two positions are available during the month of June, 2016. Those selected will assist the national staff with preparations, administration and clean-up of the National Contest. It is a fantastic opportunity for an energetic, self-starter who wants to be a part of what happens behind the scenes at NHD.
1. You must be a past NHD participant (at any level).
2. You must be enrolled in college and have completed at least two years.
3. You must be at least 18 years old.
4. Any major can apply.
5. You must be able to join the national office by June 1st at the latest and stay through the end of the month.
National History Day provides:
1. Housing in an apartment-like setting. Housing is near the College Park Metro stop, with easy access to downtown Washington, D.C., and our interns usually spend their weekends sightseeing.
2. A modest spending allowance
Interns must provide:
1. Transportation to and from Maryland
2. Spending money to tour Washington, D.C., and surrounding areas.
Submit a completed intern application (with required materials) by March 11, 2016. Applicants will be notified in early April.
Send your completed application materials to:
National History Day
4511 Knox Road, Suite 205
College Park, MD 20740