National Contest Summer Internship
Due to the virtual contest format, we will not be seeking interns for the 2021 National Contest. If you would like to get involved in NHD this year, please reach out to your affiliate for internship or judging opportunities.
- You must be a past NHD Contest participant (at the local, state, or national level).
- You must be enrolled in college and have completed at least two years.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Any major can apply.
- You must be able to join the national office by May 26, 2020 and stay through the end of June.
National History Day provides:
- Housing in an apartment-like setting. Housing is near the College Park Metro stop, with easy access to downtown Washington, D.C., and our interns usually spend their weekends sightseeing.
- A modest spending allowance.
Interns must provide:
- Transportation to and from Maryland.
- Spending money to tour Washington, D.C., and surrounding areas.
Please e-mail the application as one complete PDF with “Last Name, First Name” as the document title to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for the 2020 Summer Internship are due by Friday, March 6th, 2020.
Download the 2020 National Contest Summer Internship Application