NHD Explore (NHDx) is a series of programs during the National History Day National Contest that allow students to further their love and learning of history. Numerous organizations have opened their doors to participants of the contest as well as their teachers and families.
PLEASE NOTE: Because the 2020 NHD National Contest is going virtual, all NHD-Explore programs have been suspended for this year. Any virtual materials from our NHDx partners will be updated as we receive them. Be well, stay safe, good luck to all with NHD2020.
Rules and guidelines:
- NHD will process the requests in the order that they are received.
- Each "unit" will be given one option on the first round. Programs are open until they hit capacity.
- Please do NOT express a preference for a program or passes that you do not want or do not plan to use.
- Each attendee within a "unit" must have a unique email address (this includes all family members or others attending with students).
- Contact information (including emails) for all attendees will be shared with the partnering organization.
- If passes or programs remain unfilled, the spots will be offered to registered units who expressed an interest in those passes or programs.
- Please note that all NHD communication will be directed to the unit’s designated Lead Chaperone.
Important: For participants staying in the University of Maryland residence halls
Participants involved in NHDx programs may request a boxed breakfast and/or lunch. Requests will be accepted beginning Wednesday, May 27 by the following deadlines:
- For meals Sunday (6/14) and Monday (6/15), the deadline is 6 PM EST Thursday, June 11.
- For meals Tuesday (6/16) and Wednesday (6/17), the deadline is 9:30 AM EST Monday, June 15.
Boxed breakfasts and/or lunches will be available for pick up at 6:45 AM on Wednesday at the Diner. Please make sure you allow enough time to pick up your meal(s) before you depart.
Please note that NHD-Explore is a completely optional program, and participation (or lack of participation) has no impact on the National History Day Contest.