NHD Explore (NHDx) is a series of programs during the National History Day Contest that allow students to further their love and learning of history. Numerous organizations have opened their doors to participants of the contest as well as their teachers and families.
We have a new registration process for 2018. NHDx requires you to sign up your “unit” together. A unit can be as small as one NHD student with her or her parent or teacher, and can be much larger (we recognize that many NHD students travel in a group that contains students, teachers, parents, and extended family members.)
NHDx registration will open at 10am ET on Wednesday, May 16 and close at midnight ET on Thursday, May 24.
- Before registration opens:
- Watch this video that explains how registration works.
- Review the options for programs and passes and rank your group’s preferences.
- Complete this worksheet to help the lead chaperone complete the registration form properly.
- Rules and guidlines:
- NHD will process the requests in the order that they are received.
- Each "unit" will be given up to one set of passes and one program (until they fill).
- Please do NOT express a preference for a program or passes that you do not want or do not plan to use.
- Each attendee within a "unit" must have a unique email address (this includes all family members or others attending with students).
- Contact information for all attendees will be shared with the partnering organization.
- If passes or programs remain unfilled, the spots will be offered to registered units who expressed an interest in those passes or programs
- Please note that all NHD communication will be directed to the unit’s designated Lead Chaperone.